 General / 52502

Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 06:47:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

As a follow up... First of all I would like to thank everyone that took time to respond to my questions, it helped bring a new understanding and brought up some points I hadn’t considered.

I do want to address two issues that were brought up here, some what, but mostly in email and msn.. That basically was “What was your motivation in posting? What do I think the price is?”

The truth is, lots of ppl I know have been discussing these sorts of questions at lug meetings, chats, other forums and msn messages yet I had not seen many in depth conversation about it here. That seriously got me to wondering where the community on a whole was standing on these various questions I keep hearing. They were not just my questions, I only brought the question here, mainly because there are some people that can’t or are not comfortable posting here. I personally don’t have strong stance on any of it, just intense curiosity.

So ~MY~ motivation was to open a conversation in the most respectful manner possible before more misconceptions happened and resulted in someone with an ax to grind brings it to Lugnet and starts yet another flame war. That may be difficult for those that suffer from the lack of empathy gene to understand.

If the programs behind the scenes make a difference, then by all means, it has my support (as if my support would matter one way or not) and if in the long run they don’t, no harm no foul, unless of course it IS keeping our prolific off the boards which was what I meant by the “price” we pay... (and some admitted it was true, others felt it wasn’t, and some were actively trying to change that).

I feel I need to make one thing clear... I never once intended or thought this would be that earth shattering of a post, it was just some simple questions that brought out some simple and complex answers.

In particular, to Calum, no, I don’t think that any of my questions/answers/resulting conclusions are remotely world changing nor would it be “preventing the next Nobel prize winning thesis” but... I also don’t recall LUGNET changing to a “World Event Symposium”. Therefore ~ In my opinion, company and fan relations are a valid part of discussion here.

Janey “Red Brick”

Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC