 General / 44302
Re: A new P.A.B. 2X4 Record -- 163 2x4s!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:48:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   i just tryed this. it works really well and is very fast however the new record is 156. you can fit 4 additinal bricks in on row 3. =) ondrew

I knew I missed something, because I added more bricks to the top level than my previous personal best had increased by. I went back and checked my original method and sure enough, found that I could fit 163 2x4s in the cup, again assuming that the lid doesn’t need to snap on:

This method is a bit more tightly packed, and you do have to press down slightly to get the bottom disc into the cup. If you omit the top and bottom brick from that disc you eliminate that problem. The top (largest) disc is also a bit tight, but still fits.

I’d still like to see someone top that, though. Keep pushing the envelope, people!

-Chris.