 General / 44302
  Re: A new P.A.B. 2X4 Record -- 163 2x4s!

(...) I knew I missed something, because I added more bricks to the top level than my previous personal best had increased by. I went back and checked my original method and sure enough, found that I could fit 163 2x4s in the cup, again assuming (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: A new P.A.B. 2X4 Record -- 163 2x4s!

(...) Well I would like to congratulate you for taking this challenge. This after all is for the benefit of everyone. I would like to still keep record by saying you can add 2 additional bricks to the second row to make it look like the first row (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: A new P.A.B. 2X4 Record -- 163 2x4s!

(...) When I add two more bricks to the second level it deforms the cup pretty badly, but I suppose it fits. So add another brick to the center row of level 4 (Blue/White section in the center of my latest picture) and you get 166 2x4's into a (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: A new P.A.B. 2X4 Record -- 163 2x4s!

(...) I tried this method and it takes a little time, but it works very well. As a control I packed 2x4s into a cup without any assemble and I could only fit 103 bricks, so assembling makes a significant difference. (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, FTX)

  Yet another PAB 2X4 Record: 169 2x4s!

(...) I know this thread died months ago, but we got a store in the Seattle area a few weeks ago and I finally got to try it out. And, of course, this subject is always of interest. I got 169 2x4 bricks into a cup today, using a slightly modified (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)