 General / 44300
Re: A new P.A.B. 2X4 Record -- 152 2x4s!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:09:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   I understand that you would like the cup to close but it is not a requirement at any of the stores that I have been to. I sould know, I work at one. The only rule is the lid has to be able to touch the cup in some way, shape, or form. ondrew

Ahh, changing the rules on us, eh? Actually I was aware of this. I’ve been told by one of the sales clerks that I am the only person who he’s ever seen trying to get the lids to actually snap shut. They always offer to tape the lids on anyway.

Under the modified rules, I was easily able to get 152 2x4s into a cup by adding one more layer to my stacked disc technique. The lid doesn’t snap shut, but it overlaps with very slight downward pressure. It is also not necessary to force the discs into the cup, they sit neatly in there without deforming the plastic or scratching the inside of the cup. Of course, there is still plenty of room around the edges for lots of smaller pieces. Here are the details of my technique:

-Chris.