 General / 44312
44311  |  44313
Subject:
Lid must touch Cup (was: Re: A new P.A.B. 2X4 Record!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:47:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

   I understand that you would like the cup to close but it is not a requirement at any of the stores that I have been to. I sould know, I work at one. The only rule is the lid has to be able to touch the cup in some way, shape, or form. ondrew

I’m kind of kidding here: Can you place the lid *under* the cup-- still touching the cup-- and proceed to stack the bricks much much taller than the top edge of the cup...say 3, 4, 5 feet tall, or as tall as the store ceiling? Strictly, the lid is touching the cup. Again, just being a tad silly.

Now, who can balance a stacked pole of bricks?

Or, maybe you can build a sphere or cube out of the bricks and embed the cup inside the build? Still, somehow maintaining that the cup and lid are strictly touching each other “...in some way, shape, or form.” ;-)

I haven’t been following this thread, but is there also a “rule” that says bricks may not protrude in height beyond the upper lip of the cup?

To All: Cool challenges for which you all have found clever solutions!

later,

James Mathis