 General / 44299
Re: A new P.A.B. 2X4 Record!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:29:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   Hey all, A couple of nights ago while trying to maximize the number of 2x4 bricks I could fit into a cup in a far easier format than the previous record. I found that I had actually beat the old record by quite a bit. The new record is 149.

I hope you find this usefull.

OnDrew

p.s. post mod instructions: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=64667

Ondrew,

I just tried this. Pretty cool technique, except that I think you only get 125 (plus 8 1x4s) this way. It looks like you went two layers of brick too tall at the top, (steps 15+16 must be omitted) so you counted an extra 24 2x4s that don’t actually fit into the cup. At least they don’t fit into the cups I’ve been buying!

Still, it’s a nice technique because you’re dealing with one solid chunk of brick which is probably easier to build and memorize than the layered disc techniques.

Note: You have to wedge this down into the cup to get it in, but it fits nicely and the cap does snap on.

- Chris.

I understand that you would like the cup to close but it is not a requirement at any of the stores that I have been to. I sould know, I work at one. The only rule is the lid has to be able to touch the cup in some way, shape, or form. ondrew

Ahh, changing the rules on us, eh? Actually I was aware of this. I’ve been told by one of the sales clerks that I am the only person who he’s ever seen trying to get the lids to actually snap shut. They always offer to tape the lids on anyway.

I can add one more layer and still get the lid to overlap, but with that final layer added there’s a 1/4 inch gap all the way around the edge. I still don’t see (short of punching the indent out of the bottom of the cup) how you’re making contact with all of that brick in there. Or is that the “employee discount?”

- Chris.