 General / 43878
Re: My Chosen Hobby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 02:01:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
My nephew (age 12) is a *huge*
fan of Bionicle, and so are most of his friends.

A question, just because I'm curious:  Are they fans of Bionicle to *play* with,
or to *collect*?  Do the sets get used, or are they just built and set on a
shelf somewhere?

I've been in too many stores where I heard some kid point out a Bionicle set to
Mom or Dad and said "I don't have this one, yet" or "Here's a new one"...

Yeah, and a lot of AFOLS buy Lego to be complete. Then, I was in TRU the other
day and this boy was unexcitedly staring at Bionicle. Mother: "He already has
all the Bionicles." So he got the Space Shuttle. Good choice.

-Erik