 General / 43786
Re: My Chosen Hobby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:35:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
My nephew (age 12) is a *huge*
fan of Bionicle, and so are most of his friends.

A question, just because I'm curious:  Are they fans of Bionicle to *play* with,
or to *collect*?  Do the sets get used, or are they just built and set on a
shelf somewhere?

I've been in too many stores where I heard some kid point out a Bionicle set to
Mom or Dad and said "I don't have this one, yet" or "Here's a new one"...

JohnG, GMLTC

They take 'em to the school yard and have their little matches sometimes.  I
don't know much about the Bionicle, but with the elastics and triggers and stuff
on some--they try to knock each others masks off.

At home my nephew keeps his Bionicle collection separate from his other 'Uncle
Dave bought for presents' LEGO bricks.  Yes they're lined up on the shelf, but
he does play with 'em.

One of these days I expect to see the Bio mixed with the regular :)

Dave K