 General / 43951
Re: My Chosen Hobby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:10:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:

I'm a big believer in letter writing campaigns.  That's what kept Star Trek on
the air for 3 seasons.  That said, there's a difference between a politely
worded letter in support of your cause, and some of the tirades and rants I've
seen here.  Who would I want to listen to if I were head of 'Colour Research' at
TLC?  A well spoken person who articulates thier position clearly, concisely,
and, above all, politely?  Or some 'foaming at the mouth'  "'cause I'm so ****
that the ****'s are changing the ***** colours!!!"

From me, a quick message to TLC--Know that for 30+ years you've made this
particular fan of the brick very happy with his hobby.

Dave K
-I give it a month before someone posts a MOC with new colours that'll make many
people say "Wow!  Didn't think about that!"

David -

I don't see most of the objectors complaining about adding colors, only about
taking them away.  Lego is my chosen hobby too - and the more colors they add,
the better the palette is that I have available to build with.

I agree 100% on the rants.  On top of being ineffective, they're just plain
rude, especially in a forum where children might be reading.

Me, I'm already thinking about models I can make with ash and bley.  I haven't
seen the new brown yet, but if nothing else it could be another hair color for
larger-scale works...

.Steve Coallier
"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway!"