 General / 43816
Re: My Chosen Hobby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:55:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
   This may come as a surprise to many people, but one of my hobbies is creating things with LEGO bricks.

Shocked? I know that my parents still are, and this after 30+ years of me playing with the ‘Automatic Binding Brick’.

It’s my chosen hobby--a conscious decision was made many times thru my life to continue this hobby.

snip

Bottom line? TLC, change the colours or don’t change the colours--It’s your company. You will stumble sometimes, and I guarantee you that you will not make everyone happy with all the many different decisions you make on a daily basis. I applaud your efforts to do what’s right for your company and your product.

And if you, the AFOL, don’t like the new colours? Then don’t buy the new colours. “But what about my MOCs? I won’t be able to colour match!!” Well, I’d like to see the ‘67 Camaro make a comeback as well, but I don’t see that company reissuing the car just ‘cause the fans want it. Times change. Can you imagine what would have happened if this tirade happened when TLC released green in more than just baseplates? “Hey TLC!! Stick with the original red, white, blue, yellow, and black bricks!!” I don’t even remember any shade of grey before ‘78.

From me, a quick message to TLC--Know that for 30+ years you’ve made this particular fan of the brick very happy with his hobby.

David, I applaud you.

This has been a refreshing post to read due to current events and I thank you.

Nathan (who is in total agreement with David Koudys) Wells

   Dave K -I give it a month before someone posts a MOC with new colours that’ll make many people say “Wow! Didn’t think about that!”