 General / 43815
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:42:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Tarrabain wrote:

My son, btw, is 17 now, and has been a *HUGE* LEGO fan for about a
decade.  It was he who reintroduced me about 6 years ago to loving LEGO
in my now evidently advancing years.  I told him about the color change,
and I advised him of the possibility of the change in stud shape when I
had read the first post about the subject here.  And you know what he
said to me?

Colors don't matter to him one jot.  He builds with what he has, and the
point for him is just to have fun, not to be pedantic about the issue.

I've observed this in my children, too.  And, if Lego's target audience doesn't
care, then it just makes the decision to change the color just that much more
inane...

Mark