 General / 43818
Re: My Chosen Hobby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:06:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nathan Wells wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
Bottom line?  TLC, change the colours or don't change the colours--It's
your  company.  You will stumble sometimes, and I guarantee you that you
will not  make everyone happy with all the many different decisions you make
on a daily  basis. I applaud your efforts to do what's right for your
company and your  product.

And if you, the AFOL, don't like the new colours?  Then don't buy the new
colours.  "But what about my MOCs?  I won't be able to colour match!!"
Well,  I'd like to see the '67 Camaro make a comeback as well, but I don't
see that  company reissuing the car just 'cause the fans want it.  Times
change.  Can  you imagine what would have happened if this tirade happened
when TLC released  green in more than just baseplates?  "Hey TLC!!  Stick
with the original red,  white, blue, yellow, and black bricks!!"  I don't
even remember any shade of  grey before '78.

David, I applaud you.

This has been a refreshing post to read due to current events and I thank
you.

Nathan (who is in total agreement with David Koudys) Wells

Dave K
-I give it a month before someone posts a MOC with new colours that'll make
many people say "Wow!  Didn't think about that!"

Again, this misses the point.  I think what most people are upset about is not
new colors appearing, but old colors disappearing.  Sorry to flog a Dark Grey
horse...

- Chris.