 General / 39377
Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:52:24 GMT

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
news:H5L4GC.DqG@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

As you all noticed, we are pre-moderating the comments, meaning nothing • goes
live without passing by  human eyes. We are trying to provide a safe haven
for discussion for kids of all ages...0-99! We are  still getting the hang
of the moderation, and that first "off-topic" line shouldn't have been
deleted. However, what we can't do is allow personal information of any • type
to be uploaded. There is  *way* too much risk involved with that when
dealing with children.

That being said, I have really gone to the mats to ensure that we aren't
"censoring" posts, but  rather simply removing cuss words and personal
information...all things that don't meet the Terms and  Conditions. If the
post would require a great deal of changes to be able to go live, we will
simply  reject it and have users try again.

(For more information on what is allowed, please refer to the Terms and
Conditions all users agree  when logging into the site the first time,
and/or the posting guidelines accessible via the link on  the "Add • Comment"
page)

There was also some questions about timing of moderation. We are trying to
moderate posts as fast as  possible. We are still working out the details • of
what we accept and reject, so bear with us for a  short while as we get • this
process solidified.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I still have one post that is waiting approval, it has been about 24 hours
now since I posted it.

I assume that the reason for the non-approval is due to the links to the
LUGNET Set Guide I referenced in my post.

My first post was approved but "edited" beforehand.  It too had a link to
the LUGNET Set Guide.  The link was remove from what was actually posted on
the board.

I went and reviewed the ToS and it doesn't expressly state that off-site
links are prohibited.

In my case, the point I was trying to make is greatly enhanced by being able
to see a picture of the set I am referring to.  I suspect that many of the
users of the message board will not be as familiar with the older set
numbers as some of us insane people here on LUGNET.  If I say the 725 Basic
Building Set should be the next legend, unless you know what I am talking
about, you have no idea why I think it is such a good set.

Jake - can you clarify your policy on including links on the message board?

Mik

FUT:  lugnet.lego.direct

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com