 General / 39351
Subject:
Message boards on LEGO.com?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:53:40 GMT

Has anyone heard anything about this? I just noticed it this morning.

http://boards.lego.com/discussions/participant/default/allcats.jsp?sessid=

jt

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:04:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh writes:
Has anyone heard anything about this? I just noticed it this morning.

http://boards.lego.com/discussions/participant/default/allcats.jsp?sessid=

LEGO has had message boards for the Mindstorms site for a while now.  I am
not sure how long these have been around but judging from the number of
messages, not long.  My guess is that the younger folks would probably use
these boards more and that the adult fans would probably continue to use
LUGNET. However, you have to wonder if LEGO is trying to capture the LUGNET
community as well.

Steven

Steven B. Combs, Publisher
Bricks in my Pocket (BimP)
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org
http://faculty.ivy.tec.in.us/~scombs/robotics

Submission Information:
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org/submissions.html

lugnet member #414

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?
In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh writes:
Has anyone heard anything about this? I just noticed it this morning.
http://boards.lego.com/discussions/participant/default/allcats.jsp?sessid=

LEGO has had message boards for the Mindstorms site for a while now.  I am
not sure how long these have been around but judging from the number of
messages, not long.  My guess is that the younger folks would probably use
these boards more and that the adult fans would probably continue to use
LUGNET. However, you have to wonder if LEGO is trying to capture the LUGNET
community as well.

I hope not. But I do agree that the younger fans will take to it.

Well, I see one member of our community has already posted there (see the
message about the Santa Fe Super Chief Cars in the trains group). But
there's something interesting, it's been "modified" by the "list moderator".
I wonder how much of Tim's original message has been changed.

I don't fancy posting where somebody has the access to re-word what I say.
I'd like it to be an all or nothing kind of moderation.

TJ

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?