 General / 37041
Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 03:51:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.general, Carter Lance writes:
Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?  I
can understand Launch Command, it kinda falls under Town.  But what about Alpha
Team or Time Cruisers?  The old Alpha Team Comes Under Town, But the new Alpha
Team is more like Aquazone.  But why no time cruisrs or time twisters?

The Lugnet terms on newsgroups really confuse me at times, but
I have never thought of this before...

Perhaps the reason behind having no apparent newsgroup for the Time Cruisers/
Twisters/ Alpha Team is because they are generally regarded as "theme medleys",
or "hybrids", well, for the Time Cruiser models anyway, so they really have
no place. (besides, I don't think a group would get much traffic anyway)

However, another question in my mind is, even though these are hybrids,
doesn't Lugnet establish a newsgroup for each theme? I guess the answer to
this is that few consider it an actual theme IMO.

   Actually, I think it's because both of the subthemes mentioned are
   part of "Town."  Yeah, I know.  But apparently that's where they
   fit in TLC's hierarchy.  Sort of like how .technic always got up
   in arms about Bionicle.

   "Legends" is a line, but not a theme.  Therefore it doesn't have
   its own group (and I have explained elsewhere why I think it shouldn't).
   Galidor *is* actually a theme (ugh).  Got a look at those today--if
   only the little 'mech guy's arms weren't so stylized, they might be
   useful.

   LFB