 General / 37040
Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 03:31:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Carter Lance writes:
Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?  I
can understand Launch Command, it kinda falls under Town.  But what about Alpha
Team or Time Cruisers?  The old Alpha Team Comes Under Town, But the new Alpha
Team is more like Aquazone.  But why no time cruisrs or time twisters?

The Lugnet terms on newsgroups really confuse me at times, but
I have never thought of this before...

Perhaps the reason behind having no apparent newsgroup for the Time Cruisers/
Twisters/ Alpha Team is because they are generally regarded as "theme medleys",
or "hybrids", well, for the Time Cruiser models anyway, so they really have
no place. (besides, I don't think a group would get much traffic anyway)

However, another question in my mind is, even though these are hybrids,
doesn't Lugnet establish a newsgroup for each theme? I guess the answer to
this is that few consider it an actual theme IMO.

However, the Alpha team question generally brings another question entirely.

With the recent newsgroup introduction of Galidor (which has a rather dismal
amount of posts for its debut), I don't see why the Lugnet admins would
refuse a .Legend Newsgroup, .Fantasy newsgroup, or even a .Hybrid newsgroup.
I think the addition of these three would pretty much cover any other type
of theme Lego would introduce in the future, but then again, a .Bandwagon
newsgroup wouldn't do bad if they took up another pop culture series, such
as say, Lord of the Rings, Final Fantasy, James Bond, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

In the long run though, newsgroups like these, though would serve a lot of
purposes in my opinion, so I would vote for it, but I *know* it's not gonna
happen, so whatever...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112