 General / 37036
  Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers? I can understand Launch Command, it kinda falls under Town. But what about Alpha Team or Time Cruisers? The old Alpha Team Comes Under Town, But the new Alpha Team is more (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) The Lugnet terms on newsgroups really confuse me at times, but I have never thought of this before... Perhaps the reason behind having no apparent newsgroup for the Time Cruisers/ Twisters/ Alpha Team is because they are generally regarded as (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) Actually, I think it's because both of the subthemes mentioned are part of "Town." Yeah, I know. But apparently that's where they fit in TLC's hierarchy. Sort of like how .technic always got up in arms about Bionicle. "Legends" is a line, but (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

In general these have been ranked under town, so in the same way that we wouldn't have seperate groups for Blacktron and Ice Planet, but instead would group them under Space, I think the same thinking applies here. That said, I would agree that (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) folks might want to see this recent post: (URL) Galidor group creation, etc. -Suz fut: admin.suggestions (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) right. Dr.Cyber and Timmy are from the present time, and (according to TLC's plotline) built a time machine. When those sets were released, LEGO SYSTEM was clearly defined into catagories and sub-catagories. (...) I think what you mean is that (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) Town? How exactly does the time twisters/ Cruisers fit into the town theme? I couldunderstand by the fact that other groups want nothing to do with it, but I think arranging themes by TLC's standards do more to confuse the entire layout for (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Lugnet Themes (was Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?)

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes: <snip> (...) Yes, I would agree. Time twisters/cruisers is a bit of a rogue theme. They don't fit really into any of the 'regular' categories (town, space, castle, etc.) But I don't think it merits its own theme, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Themes (was Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?)

(...) Hmm...I could see arranging to place the Alpha team in the build.military newsgroup, but yes, It also goes with aquazone. Unfortunately, a lot of the newsgroups get very dislam post ratings, i.e western, undergrooung, basic, need I go on. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) Well, according to the Time Cruisers official storyline, Timmie and Doc are from the present day town, and they built a time macine. (...) Znap is also useless. So why does it have its own newsgroup? The galidor parts (especially the arms) (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) And plus, thers a newsgroup for fabuland, wich no one has even been near in a month. And no Alpha Team! Alpha team is kinda like modern military, and theres no military. (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Themes (was Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruise

(...) There is no doubt Bionicle deserves its newsgroup. For many reasons; but one I haven't seen mentioned: The release was a massive undertaking on TLC's part. A huge departure for them. They put enormous focus on it with their marketing blitz, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Lugnet Themes (was Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruise

(...) Yeah. Maybe Galidor could share a newsgroup with Bionicle, as the are both action figure lines. (...) I completely agree with you. (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) Ther should also be a newsgroup for fright knights and wizard stuff. I know, it is sorta knights, but what about wizards and stuff? Or does magic fall under castle too? And what about Harry Potter? (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

While we're discussing these in the same thread, can someone explain the degree to which Galidor arm joints (aside from the Technic pin) and the new Alpha Team joints are the same? -Erik (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Themes (was Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?)

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) I honestly cannot figure out Matt's first sentence. What? Huh? The .bionicle group was overtly sabotaged by unfriendly zealots. Folk who would have posted took their interest elsewhere. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Themes (was Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?)

(...) And I am not sure in what way you meant 'Kudos, gentlemen. Kudos'. Yes its true that the folks here on Lugnet made the Bionicle people feel *so very* unwanted and below the "true Lego fan" level that one person went and made an amazingly (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Themes (was Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?)

(...) Oops! Seems I worded it incorrectly there. You see, I was typing several posts at one time, so I got a few things confused, so If you want me to clarify, I will gladly. I was responding due to the fact that several newsgroups get sufficient (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  New arm joints (Alpha Team, Galidor, Technic) Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) They are indeed the same. So are the joints in 8012 Super Battle Droid. There are two fundamental parts, the socket, and the joint. The socket has a Technic pin hole, and has a rim with teeth encircling it. The joint has a Technic pin, with (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Themes (was Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?)

(...) I'm less baffled now. Thanks! (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Themes (was Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?)

(...) I was attempting to be arch and probably just created confusion. Sorry. The chasing away is indeed what I was talking about. I didn't know that BZ was in direct response to that situation on .bionicle. So sincere kudos, not sarcastic kudos, to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New arm joints (Alpha Team, Galidor, Technic) Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command

(...) Yes, I think they would be very good for mechas and that sort of stuff. You can look at pictures of the Galidor line at www.brickset.com (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

In lugnet.general, Carter Lance writes: <snip> (...) ummm... (URL) Kruer (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) Sorry, Ive never noticed it before. (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) (yeah, maybe we could put fright nights in HP!) ;-D (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why Isn't there a newsgroup for Launch Command, Alpha Team or Time Cruisers?

(...) They are exactly the same. The Alpha Team arms ar curcular, the Galidor arms have robot pipes and stuff. Good for building mechas. :-) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)