 Events / 2296
Re: AFOLs feelin' no love
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:58:54 GMT

In lugnet.events, Duane Collicott wrote:
In lugnet.events, Todd Thuma wrote:
Duane,

Ah, it's a small point, but when you book your convention a month or two in
front of a long established existing convention and then at your first
convention bad mouth that long established existing convention, you are putting
your convention in competition with other folks in the community.

And the "your convention" is used figureatively.

Respectfully,

Todd

Did I do that?

Duane,

Sorry poor choice of words. In wrote the statement hurriedly and added the last
sentence in an effort to qualify my statement:

"And the 'your convention' is used figureatively"

If I had more time I might have worded my statement thusly:

"On the topic of competition... There is an undercurrent of competition in the
community. Convention organizers that arrange their convention on dates that
preceed by a month or two a long established convention and then compare their
first convention to that long established convention in a more favorable light,
could be considered by many to be placing their convention in competition with
that long established convention run by others."

My apologies for not being clearer in my previous statement. Editing is such a
rarely practiced bevhaior.

Respectfully,

Todd