 Events / 2224
2223  |  2225
Subject:
AFOLs feelin' no love
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:14:23 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Man, I can't believe the stuff that's going on.

Somebody (BrickFair) is not revealing enough about money, and somebody is else
watching out to make sure nobody gets rich off organizing an AFOL event (a
hilarious concept to anybody of us who have actually organized something like
this). Somebody else (Joe) is revealing too much about money. Somebody else (Joe
again) is getting hassled for wanting to produce a fan magazine and maybe even
make some money off it.

Go to an event if you think the admission price is right and you want to have
fun. Don't go if the price is too high and if you're just going to be a stick in
the mud. Look - if AFOL events end up putting their organizers in debt, then
there won't be any AFOL events.

Same thing with Brick Journal. Buy the magazine if you think it's worth it.
Don't buy the magazine if you think the price is too high. Brick Journal is
Joe's baby, and he has visions for it. If your visions for a fan magazine are
different, then get to work and create it.

Holy cow. Stop criticizing the work of others. The BrickFair people and Joe are
our brothers (and sisters?) in the AFOL community. I want them to succeed. We're
not in competition with each other, folks.