 Events / 2249
Re: AFOLs feelin' no love
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 06:20:21 GMT

In lugnet.events, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.events, Duane Collicott wrote:

I didn't miss it... well, I was there with my wife and family,
so I did miss out on the corsets, dangit.

I know you were there... how could I ever forget this guy I'd never seen before,
building a *huge* bridge out over all the delicate GBC stuff I was nursing in
it's shadow? As to the corset, don't feel bad - it was at the next years HoB,
and I actually did get pictures (she was trying it on so I could show my wife
the sizing... honest! *Yes*, I did show my wife the pictures!!).

You have pictures:-)?? (wow, that sounded odd)

Don't worry too much about missing shooting at Joe Meno - I'll try to make that
an event at every fest I see him at ;-).

That was funny...and embarrassing.

That said, the best memory of HoB for me that year was walking into the NXT room
after con hours the first night - while everyone else is drinking, there is
literally a room where there were people working in a home-brewed Skunk Works
-it was really neat to watch and learn.

The next best memory was the year before seeing the first public GBC. And
watching this bridge slowly overtake its table in the background.

Joe