 Events / 2252
2251  |  2253
Subject:
home-brewed Skunk Works (Re: AFOLs feelin' no love)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:13:16 GMT

At 02:20 AM 10/19/07, Joe Meno wrote:
That said, the best memory of HoB for me that year was walking into
the NXT room

That would be my hotel room...

after con hours the first night - while everyone else is drinking, there is
literally a room where there were people working in a home-brewed Skunk Works
-it was really neat to watch and learn.

We had just been to the LEGO store, and actually purchased...  Bionicals!?

Mostly, so we could spend the next day shooting Joe.  :)

I think someone (Mike) suggested having a gathering where things are
built on the spot.  The real down-side I see is figuring out what
parts are used to build things.  If I were to go to such an event,
I'd want to use a much different collection of parts, than an average
train or space builder.

This year, at Brickworld, I spent Saturday night building a robot for
one of the competitions.  It was a lot of fun just sitting in the
main ballroom, building with a couple other people.  (that's what we
did at HoB).

I think that kind of event could be fun.

Steve