 Events / 2242
Re: AFOLs feelin' no love
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 03:39:50 GMT

In lugnet.events, Duane Collicott wrote:

On that note...
I want some free Lego!
I want some free swag!
I want some free beer!

Meno, get me a beer!

Keith, two words for you: "Brick Bash" (<http://www.brickbash.com>).  It's
Free. It's in March. It's in Ann Arbor, MI. It has free pizza. And, special
just for you, the beer is on me.

Sadly, you guys all missed out on a wonderful event called "House of Bricks".
Yes, we had LEGO and played. We also had slave auctions (ask Felix), free
movies, ADD pirates, hot women in leather and corsets (and other things), hot
men in leather (but no corsets... well, not at the parties I went to), and some
really... amazing... after-hours parties. Filk singing. Art auctions. A vendors
room with comics, talks with notable science fiction and fantasy stars. A lot of
alchohol (so I'm told). Not to mention shooting Joe Meno with robots, trashing
world-class MOCs by pushing them off the table (with, again, robots), lots of
alchohol, shooting Joe with Zamor spheres, GBCs, trains, all-night build
sessions, using zamor shooters to hit Joe, oh, and yes, the entire convention
essentially going banckrupt when one member of the board ran away with all the
money... and a good time was still had (at least by us).

Oh, and autonomous robots that could target large objects and shoot them with
official LEGO... normally, this seemed to involve Joe and Zamor spheres, if
memory serves.

:-)

--
Brian "missing Circe in a corset" Davis