 Dear LEGO / 5623
Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:13:31 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Bob Hayes wrote:
   I sent Vestas an e-mail the other day saying I was a fan of wind energy and Lego and that I wanted to buy one, here is the response:

-----Original Message-----

From: Alice Christy Brædstrup-Holm acbh@vestas.com
To: bobhayes1@aol.com
Sent: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 3:37 am
Subject: FW: Vestas Lego Wind Turbine
Dear Vestas-Lego Fan!

Thank you very much for your interest in the Vestas Lego Power Plant.

The Vestas Lego Power Plant no 4999, is a special limited edition that was made for Vestas exclusive and therefore not for commercial sale.

If you wish to learn more about Vestas, please visit our homepage at: www.vestas.com

Yours sincerely / Med venlig hilsen

Alice Christy Brædstrup-Holm
Assistant, Events & Exhibitions
Group Communications

I totally understand if the Vestas company would like to keep the set exclusive to their employees. If I worked for Vestas and was told that I could get an exclusive LEGO set, and was then later told that the “exclusive” set was going to be sold to anyone around the world who wanted one, I would think I sort of got hoodwinked(1) on the exclusiveness of the set.

However, I do think that it would be a great idea for LEGO to produce a generic/brandless version of the set. I wouldn’t mind if it was a different design of wind turbine, as long as it was still a big cool wind turbine. I agree with others that considering the global situation with renewable energy resources, this set or one like it would be a good seller.

David Gregory

(1) Ah yes, another glorious instance to use the word hoodwinked.