 Dear LEGO / 5603
Subject:
LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:30:08 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear LEGO and Vestas,

LEGO #4999 (Wind Turbine) is a promo set only to be sold or given away to Vestas employees as a gift. (I am not sure). I would suggest and hope LEGO would release this set world wide through LEGO Shop&home and through LEGO Brand retail stores. However, I would limited the purchase of 4 per customer.

Honestly, this is a great looking set and with the engery crisis around the world. This would be a great business and marketing idea for both LEGO and Vestas to release this set to the public.

I have to say this set #4999 reminds me of the Maersk Sealand Container Ship set #10152 and many other promo sets.

Please LEGO and Vestas sign the papers/deal to sell the set to the public. I believe AFOL’s fans would be happy. Not to forget the exposure for both LEGO and Vestas wind power.

Thank you.

-Abner

Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)
In lugnet.dear-lego, Abner Finley wrote:
[...]

Amen to that! I agree that this set needs to be released to the general public.

-Dave

ToT-LUG

[...]

I googled the set and came up with the following two links:

http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=4999-1 and

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2008/07/14/first-images-of-4999-vestas-windmill-set-news/

This is a very nice set, I will buy if given the opportunity.

Ed

Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)
In lugnet.dear-lego, Abner Finley wrote:
   However, I would limited the purchase of 4 per customer.

Outrageous! You need at least a dozen to make a reasonably realistic looking wind farm.

Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)
In lugnet.dear-lego, Abner Finley wrote:

   Please LEGO and Vestas sign the papers/deal to sell the set to the public. I believe AFOL’s fans would be happy. Not to forget the exposure for both LEGO and Vestas wind power.

Oh. Please. Yes.

[...]

Lego is looking for new set ideas... well this seems to be an instant hit. Yep, I’d buy at least one too.

Have Fun! C-Ya! Rich

Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)
I second everything that has been said about this set: It’s too good to be limited to an exclusive group of commercial customers. Make this thing public, and if Vestas objects (why on Earth should they?), paste a fantasy brand on the turbine. That’s certainly the least effort there might be to scoring an instant hit in the market.

Regards,

Jerry

In lugnet.dear-lego, Gereon Stein wrote:
   I second everything that has been said about this set: It’s too good to be limited to an exclusive group of commercial customers. Make this thing public, and if Vestas objects (why on Earth should they?), paste a fantasy brand on the turbine. That’s certainly the least effort there might be to scoring an instant hit in the market.

Regards,

Jerry

I second too.

Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)
   In lugnet.dear-lego, Gereon Stein wrote:
   I second everything that has been said about this set: It’s too good to be limited to an exclusive group of commercial customers. Make this thing public, and if Vestas objects (why on Earth should they?), paste a fantasy brand on the turbine. That’s certainly the least effort there might be to scoring an instant hit in the market.

Over at the LEGO Ambassador forums, we have been actively discussing this set and are as excited about it as all of you are. It is unclear from the information presently available whether this set will ever be released to the public. However, Steve Witt (of TLG) suggests that we collect all of the feedback supporting this set so that we can deliver it to the LEGO City team and show them that this Windmill (and sets like it) are the sort of thing we want to see from City.

So, if you like this set (and seriously, who doesn’t?!), please reply in this thread affirming your point of view, and we’ll make sure that the feedback gets passed back up the Ambassadorial chain.

Jordan Schwarz

[...]

I’d love the chance to buy this set! Please release it!

-Joel

[...]

I would buy one.

I sent Vestas an e-mail the other day saying I was a fan of wind energy and Lego and that I wanted to buy one, here is the response: