Subject:
Rebirth of Castle Body Armor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 00:36:51 GMT

To the nation of Castle enthusiast,

We now have an opportunity to demand the resurection of the long lost
Castle ‘body armor.’

This is our chance to unite for the creation of bulk Castle accessories!!!!!!!!
I know that once this system takes effect I will be ordering bulk part of :

Body Armor (I'll take 200)
Swords (I'll take 100 or more)
and much much more...

So… what would be your castle ‘wish-list’ for LEGO Direct???

Brad Justus wrote:

Dear All:

First, I'd like to thank Suzanne and Todd for creating the new
lugnet.lego group and associated subgroups. I hope that this will make
it easier for everyone to find and read communications between The LEGO
Company and our enthusiasts -- particularly as we intend these
communications to be increasingly frequent in the months and years
ahead.

We will publish these elements at the beginning of
each month, and collect orders for them during the course of that month.
At the end of the month, we will tally the orders for each element, run
our production against demand and then ship to you. In order to
cost-justify production (changing the molds, running the machines for a
certain period of time), we will require a minimum aggregate order (i.e.
from all consumers) for each element, or we will not be able to produce
that element. The beauty of this system is that it potentially allows us
to MANUFACTURE ELEMENTS WHICH WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY PRODUCING - which
will give you the ability to commission purchase of elements long out of
production (assuming we still have the molds and that you as a group can
commit to the minimum aggregate purchase). We hope to begin this service
late this year or early in 2001.

That's the news for now - we hope it is welcome. And we look forward to
bringing you much more of it in the months and years ahead.

Play Well.

-- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct