Re: Chapter 1 of "The chronicles of Scar"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 21:07:01 GMT

Looks good, you did a nice job on the scenery.  You said the next chapter
would take a while, but do you have any idea when it will be up?

Rob

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi!

Chapter 1 is up, see it here:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/chapter1.html

A bit background info... (please read the chapter before reading this!)
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
(I hope you've read the chapter already! this is a spoiler!)
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

This chapter started out more than 3 months ago (wow!) as a follow-up to this
post and its replies:
http://www.lugnet.com/castle/?n=2275
I felt this was a great place to start, Castle World was just being formed at
the time and what could be better than a mutual storyline? Craig shared this
feeling. Eventually, however, we decided that I'll write the chapter by
myself, all thwe while including a visiting character from Craig's realm.
Periodically, I sent him versions of the chapter and he suggested, commented,
and was very helpful.
Thus far part 1. I would've published it a long time ago, but it wasn't
actually complete 'til last week - and by that time I had decided to attach it
to part 2.

A month or so ago, as part of a trade, Matthew Wilkins sent me a character of
his by snail-mail, with her description. We talked - a lot! - and together, we
wrote the second part of the chapter. He also reviewed and revised everyuthing
I had written until that point.

About the method of travel that the visitor from Craigs realm used - that's an
RDP. Stands for Revolving Door Portal. It was first introduced by Craig on
this post:
http://www.lugnet.com/castle/?n=2272

Also, if you haven't recognized the visitor yet, feel free to check out
Craig's homepage...
http://community-2.webtv.net/anonymouseye/craigolego/

Any constructive criticism would be extremely welcome!

I had a great time writing this, I just hope my next chapter won't take as
long to write... :-)

I'm oh-so-grateful to Craig and Matthew, your support got me a long way!

I think that's all. Phew!

HAND, and PLMKWYT,
-Shiri

http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/chapter1.html