 Castle / 9420
Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 01:44:37 GMT

I wont labour the point cos' we are kinda arguing the same side here

And what about a new set, which will sell for $25 to the children AND to • the
collectors who already have the old sets? With a slightly modified set, • they
would probably make more money.
Its possible, but I havent read a post yet (Not saying there isnt or wont
be) from anyone saying - already got one, dont need any more

I am definitely not a collector, I don't even keep all the boxes or
instructions of my sets, so personally I am quit happy that there will be • a
new/old set with interesting red pieces to use.

OK when I say collector I mean I have collected all the Castle sets. I dont
care about the price of them when I have them in my possession and certainly
wouldn't sell any

There are also lots of children who don't have a Mindstrom because they
can't afford it.
Does this mean TLC will drop the price to $30, probably not, but what • about
the children who never had the pleasure of 'real' Lego?

Not strictly a fair comparison cos the $200 ish price tag isnt from Lego its
from the Collectors market, The set has about $20 - $25 worth of pieces
ignoring the collectability of individual pieces

I wouldn't say its a step forward, but it is at least a step, lets see • where
it will lead.
Also I am not a collector, I can perfectly understand them and I think the
Lego AFOL community wouldn't be the same without those 'maniacs' who try • to
get sets, to just put it unopened on there shelf's.

I'm with you on that one 8)

Lets see where we go next

James