 Castle / 9397
Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:41:12 GMT

you have to realise that most of the AFOL don't want a collectors market. It
drives the price up and encourages speculation on prices. Yes it'd be pretty
cool to see a revised or modified inn to add to the collection, and of
course LEGO are doing it out of a desire to make money (they are after all a
business). I couldn't sit back and watch a product of mine selling for $200
plus on the collectors market, having the knowlage I could knock it out and
make a profit for $25.

I could be considered a collector, I've paid over the odds for american only
Castle sets, and I consider myself very lucky to have had a Guarded Inn in
86. It makes the achivements of people struggling to gain pieces non the
less valid (I was thrilled to get another tavern sign in a bag of bits at a
boot sale) They know -I had all thoses pieces before the 2001 rerelease, and
anyone who they wish to impress will know what they mean.

There are however lots of real lego collectors (or users) who haven't got
the inn or simply could never afford / justify the expenditure, and lots of
children who have never had the pleasure of 'real' (imho) castle sets.

Its a definate step forward dude, that you can't deny

James

"René Hoffmeister" <rene.hoff@gmx.de> wrote in message
Hello, • -----8< snip
Many "collectors" are annoyed, because TLC slapped them in the face by
selling a very popular collector's item; many "architects" are looking
wistful back in time, when they found nice pieces like red tudor walls or
signs in their newest Deal-Bags. TLC has stolen dozens of proud stories • and
lucky ways of getting a Guardied Inn - now you can order and you get it, • the
charme is not the same. Only a few people in the Forum of 1000steine.de • were
really overjoyed. • -----8< snip
Kind Regards,

René
www.1000steine.de

*and lucrative for TLC - that's the REAL reason for choosing the Guarded
Inn!