 Castle / 6245
Re: Mongols + Arabian Knights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:34:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.castle, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:

Take a look:

http://community.webtv.net/johnNYblaze44/johnNYblazeswebpage

More of an experiment than anything else = )

*WOW*, John!
You use the minifig-head stud in *awesome* ways that I had never thought of

I particularly like the Sand Kingdom headdress, now if I could do a decent
turban...hmm

since I turned into an "AFOL"... now that I see this I remember all the flower-
people I used to make as a kid... gee. Time to wake up that right side of the
brain and start thinking like a 6 year old again.

I guess I was trying to recreate those magical younger years when there was
no envelope to push or box to think outside of = )

I love the way you integrate the cloaks into that, too. And Chris mentioned
the use of tires. Extra cool!

-Shiri

well, no matter how big your collection is....there are at least 2 universal
truths:

1.  you never have enough
2.  you always have too many wheels

I like the Lego capes and I wish they wee more commonly available in all
colors...throughout sci-fi, fantasy and literature, in general ...robes and
hoods are pivotal costumes for creating mystery, hiding weapons, and keeping
warm
= )

(i.e. Shakespeare, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Shannara, Dune, etc.)