 Castle / 6248
Re: Mongols + Arabian Knights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 18:59:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Carroll writes:
Someone recently suggested TLG do a Roman theme.  If they
do,  they'd better watch out,  because the barbarians are definitely ready for
primetime before there are even gates for them to be outside of.

I would love a Roman theme...heck I figured Lego would have done it in the
80's...all the elements were there for great chariots, aquaducts, and other
Romanesque buildings.

I have a makshift roman army that I began after seeing Gladiator. The figs
have th black "dragon" helm (tho the silver ones wloud work much much
better),  the chain mail black monarchs torso.  and the commanders have the
ninja armor.  they are equipted with a broad sword or spear and a large
dagon shield (tho if the gungan sheild came in d. grey they would have that)

I wish I could get my hands on more of the Gugan shields easily...it would
br great if they had it in dark gray and the design in black or hunter green

If you look at them from the front they look rather roman . . .of course in
profile they don't (TLC could start with the dragon helm and make a good
roman helm design)

I think that the tear drop shields and Dragon helmets are a reasonable
substitution for now (coming from a guy who is using tires, capes, and
headlights for turbans, tunics, and tukes)

I would love a roman theme but I doubt it would havemass appeal.

John

On the contrary, I think the Greek and Roman empires are more enduring and
would have much greater appeal than Ninja (which I like), Fright Knights
<cough>, or Knights Kingdom (Castle-Lite, less filling 1 calorie creations).

Much of the Euro-based Castles ad fuedalism was an outgrowth of the Roman
empire (and the collapse there of)

                   John
(who just feels like posting replies today...ok...i'll stop soon)