 Castle / 6241
Re: Mongols + Arabian Knights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:41:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Christopher Lindsey writes:
http://community.webtv.net/johnNYblaze44/johnNYblazeswebpage

More of an experiment than anything else = )

Very cool!  As others have commented, the use of tires is pretty
original...

Thank you...

But I really wanted to comment on the chrome headlights.  They make me
think
of the barbar's song from Man of La Mancha:

Here's a first...

Now I know I have elicited a few smiles and some head scratching
before....but my creations have never moved anyone to song before...lol

I guess if .pirates can lay claim to Pirates of Penzance, it's only logical
for us to "tilt at windmills"

  DON QUIXOTE: spoken
             Hand it over!

  BARBER: spoken
             But this is nothing but a shaving basin!

  DON QUIXOTE: spoken
             Shaving basin!! Dost not know what this really is?

             sung
             Now Golden Helmet of Mambrino,
             with so illustrious a past...
             too long hast thou been lost to glory,
             Th'art reunited now at last.

             Golden Helmet of Mambrino,
             there can be no hat like thee.
             thee and I now, 'ere I die, now
             will make golden history.

Full lyrics are available at

  http://www.dragonmage.net/~eeeeka/lamancha/golden.htm

:)

Chris

Actually, the chroe headlight really has a comical effect when you don't use
the cape...it looks like a kid wearing dad's helmet...

                    John