 Castle / 5180
Re: My Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 18:36:20 GMT

By the way, that sunset picture, here's how I did it for those who wish to
know.  It's quite simply actually.  That picture was taken with a digital
camera, though any camera will do.  The sun in the picture is nothing more than
a large, swing arm lamp, the kind used by artists and painters.  I placed the
swing arm lamp as low as I could so the arm itself was not in the picture.
Placing the building in the foreground, and facing the lamp towards the camera,
i took the picture.  Now the lamp has two bulbs in it.  A normal off white,
yellowish bulb and a round flourescent one.  With both on, you get a natural
sunlight effect.  The bright light facing the camera will cause most everything
in the foreground to go black, and most everything in the background will
dissapear or become to fuzzy to recognize.  With a simple edit on the picture
itself, I created the halo you see.  And there you have it.  I have other
pictures of sunsets if you'd like to see them, just ask and I can email them
post haste.

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
I just wanted to use this bandwidth to take the opportunity to share with you
my website deticated to Castle legos.  I think it's pretty spiffy, and I • think
you all will think so too.  Its new, its updated, and I mean, c'mon its • castle
legos, what more could you possibly want in a website?

http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html

as of this posting there were 100 hits on my page

thanks for sharing, anthony, and that is a mighty spiffy website! (360
hits as of this post! ~ don't you feel grand!?;-)  that sunset picture is
sweeeeeet!  i enjoyed reading your stories and looking at all of those
marvelous pics.  your characters are great, and the cave spider is
definitely my favorite creature.  keep up the good work!

later ~ craig~