 Castle / 4600
Re: doh!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 19:12:19 GMT

In article <FuAtvD.Cqw@lugnet.com>, Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:
line too many of them up, but I have had little problem with them as a
structral element.  I used some of them here:

While I don't woosh castles, I do manipulate them-- for example, my current
version has levels that one can lift off one another.

I find that when one goes with a design like that, it looks a lot better,
much, much better. But some fool (usually me) is going to make lots of
little pieces at some point.

A design like that yields effectively large sections:

   ------  ------  ------
  |      ||      ||      |
  |      ||      ||      |
  |      ||      ||      |
  |      ||      ||      |
   ------  ------  ------

Where the only places the sections can be locked together are on the
tops and bottoms.

I really like the looks of it, and it yields a quite modular design,
but I can't make it stay together.

Which brings me to yet another question:

What's the trick to relatively durable buildings built in that style?

(sorry, lotsa meta-castle design questions, little in the way of
photographs. I'll try to fix that soon...)

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <