 Castle / 4598
Re: doh!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 14:48:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John D. Forinash writes:
Castles don't get wooshed,

What??  You mean I've been doing the wrong thing for the past fifteen years?!?!
;)

Unfortunately, I also have a huge pile of white 1x2x5 columns, and I've
still got no idea how to build something structurally sound out of those...

These parts are really only structurally sound when used as pillars.  They work
well supporting walkways in castle walls.  :)

So then I get to my next questions:
1) Many of my white bricks are decendents from the days when I was a kid.
Many of my white bricks are scuffed and scratched and turning brown from
being scuffed on concrete floors or other random childhood damage. Can one
polish ABS?

Brasso will remove dirt, scuffs, and scrapes with a bit of buffing, but it does
not remove yellowing due to age, unfortunately.  :(

2) Are there any currently available sets that have:
1) white castle walls or corner walls?

Not as far as I know...

2) a green 1x3 plate?

Yup, but I can't don't know which.  I have about ten, I think.

3) white castle 'turret tops'? (like the ubiquitous grey ones;
half a 10-spot-diameter octagon with crenelations)?

I think Cannon Cove is the only set to ever have a white one...
They're eight studs wide, btw.  ;)

4) straight staircases?

Which kind, the "Fabuland" ones?  again, I don't beleive so, but check recent
Belville (pre-fairy tale) sets, there might be some there.  I can't guarentee
you'll find a color you want, though...

5) Clear bricks, 1x2 preferrably?

These have appeared in a number of Freestyle Tubs and Buckets, I believe.

Jeff
"Every time I think I've hit bottom, someone throws me a shovel."