 Castle / 2899
Re: Thoughts on using yellow for a castle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 02:08:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
<snipping all but link for ref>
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/temp/

That looks really nice! I like the sloped bottom, and the 'blood line' gives
me the shivers... (the kind that makes you wanna hear more :)

Yes, that red line was inspired. It's the kind of touch that lends a martial
aspect, by invoking the sacrifice of those who have defended the city in times
gone by.

And I loved the sloped bottom as well--your wall looks formidable and
threatening, strong and lasting. Very well done.

I'm going to buy a few grey packs myself, but right now I wasted a large
portion of my lego money in my visit to the Lego Imagination Center in
Downtown Disney. I found some really nice things there... (a full report will
come soon). The grey packs are the only way to get masses of gray bricks,
right? Too bad they don't show up in the 1200 pcs. tub... :-(

Well, if you have bunches of tan you could maybe subscribe to the drab
jambalaya box and make some trades. *shrug*

I don't know how this would look in Yellow but I also would love to see a
different Gate/Wall done in Yellow because it intrigues me now that you have
mentioned it.

I'm contemplating a city of evil, blood stained iron walls plated in gold. I've
got a temple done already, but I'll make sure I do a gate too, and take some
pictures. Be a while, though, still collecting up the yellow for it.

Yeah, that'd be interesting.
I'm trying a blue castle and I discovered two things:
a. Castle walls don't mix well with blue.
b. I don't have enough bricks.
:)
-Shiri

*grin*

Well, I think it's all about having a color pattern. If you're mixing blue
here, grey there, I agree it doesn't look too good. But for the sake of
argument, I took four 1x5x6 dark grey wall sections and four 3x3x6 dark grey
tower corners and joined them into a tower, half blue and half red. Along the
top, I added another row of bricks of the appropriate colors. The spaced out
blue/red along the bottom looked out of place, but the additional solid layer
of bricks along the top made the top 1x2s not look so out of place. I found
that while a little band of red is fine, too much clashes badly. Since blue is
a cool (as in color temperature) color, it goes better with the dark grey.