 Castle / 2793
Re: Thoughts on using yellow for a castle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:17:49 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Brouwer writes:
I fianlly started construction on my walled city.  I started on the gate
house, and the front wall.  I was building in gray.  Very early in the
building process, it became painfully obvious that I just don't have enough
gray...  As I was sitting there contemplating my situation, I looked over at
the dirt yellow caslte I recieved in a trade.  I started to clean it...

Once it was clean, I rebuilt it.  I must say I really like this castle.  I
think the yellow really works.  Now that could be my nostalgia talking, or the
fact that I have a ton of yellow, and very little gray!

Here is my vision...  I want to create a large gate house with a wall around a
city.  The wall and most of the defense structures will be yellow.  The
architecture of 375 will influence the construction.  I will use some gray for
accent colors, and red for the draw bridge and gates, etc.

I am interested in what others might think.  Do you like the Yellow Castle?
Do you think yellow can work on a large scale?

I love the Yellow Castle myself.  As far as using Yellow on a large scale I say
why not!  I personally have more Gray now than any other color thanks to a
bunch of Gray Service Packs I bought last year.

I think any color done right would look great.  Of course Black does not
photograph well so I try and stay away from that but otherwise I think any
color looks right in LEGO mainly because its LEGO.  Those colors might not look
right in the real world but this is a LEGO world and Bright colors just seem to
be a part of it.

I have also been working on building my gate and wall for my city.  I had not
meant to publish these pictures yet but if you are interested you can see my
gate here.  (This is just a directory for unpublished pictures.  Oops now my
secret is out!!  :-).

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/temp/

I have not published this yet because I still expect this to change.  There are
a few aspects of the gate that I am considering changing (Or purchasing some
LEGO so I can change them mostly for color purposes).  I don't know how this
would look in Yellow but I also would love to see a different Gate/Wall done in
Yellow because it intrigues me now that you have mentioned it.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: