 Castle / 1906
Re: Castle World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:47:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tim Coats writes:
I am not particularly a castle collectors (I collect pirates), but I
would love to be involved in creating info. for the world and some
structures.
Timbo

Just figure out how to build Viking long boats, I think they've been around
since the early days of european castles.  Come to think of it, there have been
sea-going ships since before the Roman Empire.  I'm not quite sure about the
history of ship building, but I think before about the 14th century ship hulls
were mostly long narrow affairs.  The rounded hulls of Pirate Lego were
invented during the age of exploration, shortly before Columbus sailed off the
edge.

Here's a thought:  What about a Roman theme?  They built some neat stuff, and
had some pretty cool cultures and armies and all.  Just imagine the sets: The
Coliseum, the Circus Maximus, Caligula's Court (Ok, maybe not that one).
Someone build a trireme.

Ooh ooh!  Cathedral Lego!  That could go right along with the more modern
castles.  You could have little Bishop minifigs and gargoyle pieces.

I'm going to have to stop playing with all this Technic stuff and dig up my
sister's old Castle pieces.

Phil