 Castle / 1918
Re: Castle World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:54:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Tim Coats writes:
Anyway, I would love to be involved, I just need to find a nitche.

Well, I am not sure who is in charge of this CastleWorld idea as it progresses
and changes with more and more input;

Pawel is (IMO) definitely the dominant figure about this now. He is hard at
work on all this right now. But it does NOT mean that no one else can help; in
fact, it is quite the opposite. You are all encouraged to suggest stuff, after
all the whole point of the site is to combine ideas from as many fans possible!

but I would say there would be room for
something very like pirates in a castle world as long as you adapted either to
the surrounding time periods nearby or something like that.  I mean, there
were certainly boats in castle sets and there is a span of many centuries that
could fairly include castles as a recurrent architectural structure.

Yep, I'm sure there is! Ships and ports could be great attachments to nearby
castles and kingdoms, etc.

Did Pawel establish a set time period and I missed it?  I think the stress was
on narrative structures and less on specific types of brick structures...but
maybe at least in proximity to a castle theme if not right on target.

I'm not sure what you mean, but the focus is not only on narraratives and
such. The focus is on ALL castle creations, whether they are Structures,
characters, people, or stories. It is nicest (IMHO) to have a structure with
defined characters occupying it, and a story around it. But if you have only
part of these, you can still submit your stuff!

Pawel, I hope that I'm saying the right things here - correct me if I'm
wrong :-)

-Shiri

Will Scar acheive her revenge against King Marck and Queen Cleo? See it all on:
www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/