 Castle / 1919
Re: Castle World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:12:23 GMT

Hi Phil,

In lugnet.castle, Philip Ogston writes:
[snip]
Here's a thought:  What about a Roman theme?  They built some neat stuff, and
had some pretty cool cultures and armies and all.  Just imagine the sets: The
Coliseum, the Circus Maximus, Caligula's Court (Ok, maybe not that one).
Someone build a trireme.

Well Phil, this is a great idea! It is such a good idea, that you might not be
surprised to find that many lego fans thought of this before :-)

I'm too lazy to search, but I remember a custom-built ancient-Rome/Greece
contenst (by fans), that had great models like the parthenon and other really
great stuff of which I can't recall names right know.

Ooh ooh!  Cathedral Lego!  That could go right along with the more modern
castles.  You could have little Bishop minifigs and gargoyle pieces.

I'm going to have to stop playing with all this Technic stuff and dig up my
sister's old Castle pieces.

Good idea! Technic is boring anyway ;-)

(I'm risking flaming, my hope is that the technic guys don't venture here
often :-)

-Shiri