 Off-Topic / Fun / 4219
Re: Castle World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 20:34:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bryan Wong writes:
Hi Pawel,

First things first.  I love all of the work contributed so far by various
people to this Castle World.  I hope some day (soon) I'll have the time (and
digital camera) to contribute too!

If we had scales, then Ewan and Verneer both would have a fighting ability
Maxed out.  Ian isn't an incredible fighter himself, but being a military
genius, he doesn't need to have great fighting skill.

The descriptions/stories of your heroes remind me of the characters created by
a certain author.  If you are interested in a world with wonderful heroes and
powerful villains, I recommend R. A. Salvatore to you.   He has written
various books, but there is one particular series that I am especially
interested in.  This series follows the adventures of a character named Drizzt
Do'urden and his friends.

After you read any of these books, I guarantee you you'll be hooked and you'll
go crazy in search of the next book... In total there are currently 12 books
about Drizzt and his friends.

I also recommend this author to all other fans of fantasy.

There are also a couple short stories in the various "Realms of" anthologies.
Personally, I thought the writing and the story were good, but am I the only
one who dislikes Drizzt?  I like Liriel Baenre better (I also prefer Elaine
Cunningham to Salvatore).

Oh, and I highly recomend the Finder Stone Trilogy (Azure Bonds, The Wyvern's
Spur, Song of the Saurials).  :)

Jeff
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/