 Castle / 17969
Re: MOC: Green Wizard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:20:46 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Felix Greco wrote:
   Hi Everybody,

   The following is my attempt to parallel my feelings about biology, learning, and teaching... while still building cool castle stuff. The story is ripe with parallels in my own life (getting my ‘colors’, students thinking my answers are too long, etc.)

Enjoy...

WOW! Felix this is awesome! First, I loved it because so often, when asked questions relating to my personal studies I give a waaaay to long answer (ie. Hey lenny, what was up with world war 1... fifteen minutes later.. nevermind, don’t care). I love how you inserted academic studies into the guise of a wizard. Tony Hafner, in his short-lived IOM stories, developed a really neat character who also spent his life as a wizard/academe Sorjin.

But what I love best is how the wizard feels lonliness because of his learning and understanding. I think all to often the wisdom of the academics is ignored because it is too difficult/too time-consuming to be understood by the politicians and soldiers who run our society.

This little story shows what makes castle such a great little theme - it calls for story telling. I can’t wait for the next installment in this story felix! Thanks for sharing!

-Lenny