Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:00:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
I remember the time when we were graving for those figures and now that we have
them I simply ignore them. Can anyone put some light on this? LSC?

I'm pretty sure that the (2006-2007?) LSC agreed to leave the contents of
ldconfig.ldr up to the LDraw part admins.  We saw it as our job to specify the
format of the !COLOUR meta-command, but not to have anything to do with the
actual list of colors.

Hmm ... I found some sources how the colors are defined:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=11937

and it looks like LDraw colors http://www.ldraw.org/Article93.html still refer
to a color chart which was defined long before we got our hands on the official
LEGO colors at http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors and are the reason why our
values differ. Question is: Do we still define the colors the way we do because
of compatibility with LDraw 0.27?

Could Joshua's file http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=14408 hop in - taking for
granted that a year is enough time to write it ;-)

As for the PT admins maintaining the color list I guess right now they have
other things to do.

w.