 CAD / 15477
  LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

Hi gang, playing around with colors I was floored by the fact that we do not have a LDraw color number or RGBs for quite a lot of LEGO colors. In addition our RGBs sometimes differ a lot from the official colors: (URL) remember the time when we were (...) (16 years ago, 29-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:K6D96D.Ews@lugnet.com... (...) I don't know about the whole color thing but your post makes me think of an interesting point. Just how exactly is LDRAW supposed to handle displaying the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Take a look at the !COLOUR spec here: (URL) is covered, along with rubber, chrome, matte metallic, and metal. Glitter transparency isn't, and probably should be. Of course, just because official LDraw colors can be defined with these (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) I'm pretty sure that the (2006-2007?) LSC agreed to leave the contents of ldconfig.ldr up to the LDraw part admins. We saw it as our job to specify the format of the !COLOUR meta-command, but not to have anything to do with the actual list of (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) POVray can, of course, do all these colours and is likely to be the most frequent user of the colour definitions file. Some of us have fiddled around with pearl before ((URL) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Hmm ... I found some sources how the colors are defined: (URL) it looks like LDraw colors (URL) still refer to a color chart which was defined long before we got our hands on the official LEGO colors at (URL) and are the reason why our values (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

This is an area that I took interest in several months back. Most of the Peeron or Bricklink color values do not display well when they are rendered on the screen. Most of the LDRAW colors are a different value, so that the rendered color looks like (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  (canceled)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Hi Joshua, please post. Could you be a bit more specific about the problems with the LDRAW numbering system? If guess the bit-mapping (URL) was a requirement for backwards compatibility with LDraw which is obsolete now giving room to new (...) (16 years ago, 1-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  (canceled)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Scott Wardlaw wrote: SNIP (...) SNIP Are you able to give that cool tool to the community. I thought about the color handling in MLCad for a while and now I read this! Awaresome! cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 2-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

Sorry for the late response. I have placed the program and source code in a zip file here: (URL) colors.txt file contains an up to date list of all of the colors from Peeron, Bricklink, and LDRAW. I think there are 119 total. Some notes about the (...) (16 years ago, 4-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Joshua, Scott, are there news on the new LDConfig.ldr? Sorry, I didn't have the time to keep updated on the process. Did you syncronize your efforts? PLMK, w. (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) I have been waiting to hear from someone on this. The issues left to be worked (as I remember them anyway): 1) compile all of the colors into one file (LDConfig.ldr) 2) work out the LDRAW color IDs as best as possible and get the steer co to (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Why did you not use the values from LDConfig.ldr for the Edge Colors?? For example: LDConfig.ldr 0 !COLOUR Black CODE 0 VALUE #212121 EDGE 8 This references to Color number 8 and that is 0 !COLOUR Dark_Gray CODE 8 VALUE #635F52 EDGE 0 But you (...) (16 years ago, 17-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Possibly because I wasn't paying close attention to the edge values at that time. However, over the last two weeks, I have had a lot of time to look at edge values. I was surprised to see how much of a difference that they make. Please look (...) (15 years ago, 18-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)