 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 248
Re: House with porch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 20:40:42 GMT

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message
news:FHC40E.Go@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, John VanZwieten writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Bram Lambrecht writes:
"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:
Very nice.  I'm suprised we haven't seen more in the way of LCad
buildings. I've always thought it would be cool to create a virtual
Lego town as a community project, with individual buildings, vehicles,
etc. combined into one huge scene.

I feel the same way, but I think the reason there aren't many LDrawn
buildings is that LEdit isn't particularly well suited for large
constructions.  Zooming out eliminates details, and there's the 1000 part
limit...

I guess I'm thinking more of the small to mid-size buildings, with POV • output
to display at least some detail.  Can't you just see a POV generated • animation
of a drive down Main Street?

-John Van

Thanks for the compliments.  I'll see what I can do about designing more
buildings.  I've got thousands of ideas just waiting to be implelmented.  :)

Also, What did you like/dislike about this house?  I'd like to know so I can
refine my technique.  Please disregard the paneless windows and the absent
house lamps.  My excuse is it allows for customization.  ;)

I, too like the diagonal door.  Mostly it just looks like a house that might
be on my block.  The 1X plates over the lattice looks realistic.  I liked the
steps with holes in them.

About the only thing I wasn't sure about is the left side of the house being
open like that.  I wasn't certain if that was supposed to be a bay window, or
if the house was "cut" on the side like it is in the back.  If it's cut, then
the crawlspace maybe shouldn't be complete on that side.  In any case, I'm
sure it makes for better minifig access to (and view of) the interior.

-John Van