 CAD / 16657
Re: LGPL Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:59:02 GMT

On 11/22/2009 5:58 PM, Michael Horvath wrote:
Well, the main difference (I think) is that if someone modifies a LGPL
or CC work and distributes it on the Internet or something, he or she
must also allow other people to do the same with their modified version.
There are also some restrictions on selling the modified work, and
differences regarding whether or not they need to provide the source
code when asked (which doesn't really apply here). In the public domain,
if a person makes changes to your model, he or she doesn't have to allow
other people (including you) to use the changed version if they don't
want to, and they can sell both the original and changed versions
without any restriction. They also don't have to say that you made the
original, and that they just made small changes to it (though I'm not
sure whether they can say that you *didn't* make the original).

Sorry. I just reread that and it's full of grammar mistakes.

Mike