 CAD / 16654
Re: LGPL Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:58:54 GMT

On 11/22/2009 3:32 PM, Tore Eriksson wrote:
I haven't got a clue. Never heard of LGPL or CC before. But I would be very
surprised if my terms is more restricted in any way. My terms are: use my
exactly how you like to as long as I have the right to use them the way I like.

Well, the main difference (I think) is that if someone modifies a LGPL
or CC work and distributes it on the Internet or something, he or she
must also allow other people to do the same with their modified version.
There are also some restrictions on selling the modified work, and
differences regarding whether or not they need to provide the source
code when asked (which doesn't really apply here). In the public domain,
if a person makes changes to your model, he or she doesn't have to allow
other people (including you) to use the changed version if they don't
want to, and they can sell both the original and changed versions
without any restriction. They also don't have to say that you made the
original, and that they just made small changes to it (though I'm not
sure whether they can say that you *didn't* make the original).

Please someone correct me if I got this wrong.

I guess you already have seen this link:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=2239
Any documentation? Ouch! You just hit my weakest point. This is why I have had
to restart this project from scratch every time...
Let's put it this way: I've renamed all model files to *.ldr.
The first letter is Category. B for building, V for vehicle and so on
The next two is auther's initials. ai for Anders Isaksson and so forth.
Then I try to sqeeze some clue of what it is in the remaining five chars.

I was thinking that maybe the models/sub-models should be sorted into
"layers", sort of like an image in a paint program. Not really sure though.

Mike