 CAD / 16411
Re: LDView Version 4.1 Beta 1 POV output bug report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 20:40:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Travis Cobbs wrote:
* Curve smoothing in POV-Ray exports.

This feature alone is awesome (and way better than mesh enhancer).  Thanks
for the hard work.

Played a little more with this today.

I turned off the XML file to experiment with LGEO free output.  Right away I
noticed that the file size was significantly larger (7.2 MB vice 1.1 MB for
10129).  Browsing the output reveals a pretty significant number of duplicate
part #declares.  Also, some of the ring primitives weren't included in the part
files properly (e.g. LDX_48_slash_7_dash_16rin3_dot_dat_in_part instead of the
previously declared LDX_48_slash_7_dash_16ring3_dot_dat_in_part).

Thanks for the bug report.  I have a few comments and a question.

First of all, it's expected to be quite a bit larger with LGEO disabled, since
it has to include the part geometry, while the LGEO version just references LGEO
parts for their geometry.  Having said that, the duplicate declares are making
it much larger than it should be.

Secondly, I'll investigate the duplicate declares, since LDView is supposed to
be smart enough not to do that.  Obviously something is wrong, because they're
definitely there.

Finally, I don't understand the last part.  I downloaded 10129.dat from
pobursky.com and exported to POV with smooth curves enabled and the XML mapping
file disabled.  I didn't see either LDX_48_slash_7_dash_16rin3_dot_dat_in_part
or LDX_48_slash_7_dash_16ring3_dot_dat_in_part in the generated file anywhere.

--Travis