 CAD / 16451
Re: *** LDView Version 4.1 Beta 1 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 04:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Horvath wrote:
Michael Horvath wrote:
Travis Cobbs wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to post the original announcement to lugnet.cad.
Please see
lugnet.announce for the full announcement.

--Travis

Looks great! Could you configure your program to take over some of the
functions of LDBoxer?

http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/ldboxer/ldboxer.htm

I do understand the utility, but integrating that functionality into LDView
would be a pretty big project, and I don't think it's something I'm going to do.

It would be great to be able to export a minimal file that can later be
converted to 3DS or OBJ.

-Mike

Also, I'm having trouble importing exported 3DS models into Blender. Any
ideas?

I'm using a 3rd-part library to generate the 3DS files, and for reasons that I
haven't yet been able to determine, Blender doesn't like the 3DS files being
generated.  I do hope to solve this problem, but until I can figure out what it
is about the files that Blender doesn't like, I'm not going to have any luck
doing so.

The library does come with a sample program that converts 3DS files into
Wavefront .OBJ format, and Blender seems much happier with these files.  If you
want this program, send me an email and I'll send it to you.  (I haven't read
its license, so I'm not sure I can just post a link.)

--Travis