 CAD / 16412
Re: Mixed Orientation of NXT Sensors in LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 02:21:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Gus Jansson wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Gus,
  Sorry I missed this.  The default orientation of parts in the PLI is based on
the orientation of the part as authored.  These two sensors parts were defined
in different orientations.

  Jetro is correct.  The purpose of pli.mpd is to allow you to override the
default orientation.

Kevin
No worries!  Apparently the light sensor and the touch sensor had been
overridden in the pli.mpd which caused them to be different from the rest.  I
like that orientation better so added all the other sensor to that file as well.
Works great.

Good job in sorting this out (Thanks to Jetro for *the big hint* :^).  LPub
provides a default orientation for all parts, which does not necessarily provide
the same orientation used by LEGO, thus the override for known sensors in LPub's
pli.mpd.

I am still having a problem with filling the background when I print to pdf.  I
will email you some files to look at.

I received these files thanks.

The big problem here is limitations of my own understanding of Qt, and
limitations of the Qt environment to specific known printable paper sizes
(despite the fact that LPub is really printing to a file :^).

We here in the US like 8.5x11 inches, but the closest Qt equivalent is 29.7x21.0
cm.  In your case you were doing landscape 11x8.5 inches, best approximated by
21.0x29.7 cm.

Converting 21.0x29.7 cm to inches (using a converter from google), I get
8.3x11.7 inches.

When I put these dimensions into LPub, the result is much better.

So, for now I'd look here for the known paper sizes in Qt:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qprinter.html#PaperSize-enum

pick your best fit, and provide LPub with the page size converted to inches.

Thanks,
Gus

If LPub must constrain the user to known paper sizes, I need to change the way
LPub lets the user describe the size of the instructions they want to generate.

Always happy to see new uses for LPub, including commercial, non-LEGO (and LEGO)
products!

Kevin