 CAD / 14910
Re: Previous step color scaling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:01:56 GMT

&tIn lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

LPub could instead, do this in the step-dats with hexidecimal coloring, but
I've not gotten that done (yet?)

Yeah, that's a workable strategy. It's what I did here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=14903 • ;
I assume LPub makes it easier for the user by coming up with the scaled colors
automatically.

Jim

Wow. That looks nice.
Can I do this too?

Sure, you will be able to. I used a modified version of PreL3P, my little tool
for replacing color codes. I'll post version 1.3 which will include this ability
care of any other bugs that come up. I'll post more details on the technique at
that time, too.

You mentioned creating separate files for each cumulative
step in the model - as Bricksmith exports. Isn't Bricksmith Mac software?
I have a PC with MLCad...

Yes, Bricksmith is Mac software, but I just mentioned it as a familiar example.
The idea is that PreL3P diddles with colors but doesn't know anything about
steps or submodels. So, if you want to use it to highlight the current step in a
sequence of images, you'll need to provide it with copies of the model up to
each step somehow. That's what the Bricksmith export does, and I think that's
basically how LPub works, too.

Jim